Monday, March 21, 2011

From whence comes goodness?

I told Trevor today that I was going to start a blog, and he asked me about what. This question first caught me by surprise, then manhandled me.
It occurred to me then that most people have themed blogs, based on ideas they love discussing. Politics, comics, food, books, movies, etc. -- all the things they have me fill out my favorites for when completing the archetypal internet profile. I love all these things. If my blog won't be themed, it should at least be good.
Then what makes things good?
Some things are just fantastic; Some things improve other things simply by being there, with their aura; Interestingly, there are things which are so very bad they have become, somehow, good again, going full turn -- this formula doesn't always work though, and some things are so bad that they are only bad, and heaven help the fools who brought those ideas to fruition.
Is there anything ubiquitously good, and not in the moral sense, but in quality so overarching that one can't help but accept the universality of it's epic nature? Perhaps.
For now, I'll have to hope that I'm good enough to keep this readable.

No comments:

Post a Comment